Welcome to the Airport Security Awareness Training course.
In the aviation environment today, security threats, risks and vulnerabilities are important issues. In this course, we discuss the essential role we each have in aviation security and look at the policies and procedures that are relevant in your daily work.
Please note – this course is also available in Spanish
This course is designed to assist you to understand your security responsibilities and reporting requirements.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe your role in aviation security.
- Identify, access and understand the policies and standard operating procedures relevant to your role.
- Recognise potential security issues.
- Recognise the various airport areas and the different security requirements.
- Understand what it means to be vigilant.
- Take appropriate action following recognition of potential security issues.
- Communicate details of potential security issues in line with standard operating procedures.
Who Should Enrol?
- All personnel who hold an Airport Security Identification Card (ASIC) and are required to undertake initial and recurrent Security Awareness Training.
- Airport Managers, Supervisors, or Personnel with security responsibilities.
- All new employees that require initial security training as part of their induction process.
- Personnel from airport stakeholders and service providers that operate at the airport.
- Airport personnel interested in better understanding Airport Security.
The Airport Security Awareness course includes the following topics:
What is Aviation Security?
- The definition of aviation security as per The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO).
- Examples of unlawful interference and crime.
- The importance of a layered approach to aviation security.
Your Role in Aviation Security
- Basic security principles you can apply daily at work.
- How to approach suspicious behaviour.
- The most common threat scenarios in aviation, including examples and step-by-step instructions on how to respond adequately.
Know Your Environment
- How to avoid common security breaches.
- An overview of security zones, including Security Restricted Areas.
- How to manage your airport security identification card correctly.
- The importance of a ‘challenge culture’ at work.
Response to Security Incidents
- How to apply policies and standard operating procedures in relation to security incidents.
- How to use the NICER principle checklist when attending to any emergency at work.
This course includes an integrated online assessment.
Candidates must successfully complete the assessment to receive a Certificate of Completion.
Airport Campus Licensing
Airport campus licensing allows your airport to rollout Security Awareness training to all Airport Security Identification Card holders quickly, easily and cost effectively.
Delivered through the OLC or via your airports local Learning Management System, campus licensing also provides the ability for your airport to customise the Security Awareness Training course to meet local requirements.
For more information regarding an airport wide campus license contact email@example.com and we will be happy to assist.