Welcome to the Aviation Operations During COVID-19 Business Restart and Recovery: Testing Facilities and Vaccine Distribution course.
COVID-19 testing, if implemented in a coordinated and consistent risk-based manner, can help to reduce reliance on travel restrictions and restrictive quarantine measures. Testing, therefore, can play a big role in the recovery of air travel.
Vaccines are also critical to aviation restart and recovery and airports play a central role in facilitating the rapid and safe delivery of large volumes of vaccines and the associated medical equipment.
This course will provide information on the provision of COVID-19 testing facilities at airports and explores key considerations for airport operators when it comes to vaccine distribution.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the key role that COVID-19 testing at airports can play in States’ overall COVID-19 risk management strategy.
- Understand the different types of testing technology that may be used for screening of international travellers.
- Explain the key factors impacting the effectiveness of COVID-19 testing as part of the air travel process.
- Describe the benefits and challenges associated with different testing models.
- Recognize the operational and logistical challenges associated with implementing on-airport COVID-19 testing.
- Understand the critical role played by airports in facilitating the global distribution of vaccines and related medical equipment.
- Describe the key considerations for airports in ensuring efficient, safe, and secure operations relating to vaccine distribution.
Who Should Enrol?
- Airport personnel responsible for planning the re-start and recovery of operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Personnel from airports seeking to implement airport-based COVID-19 testing.
- Airport Managers, Supervisors or Personnel with operations responsibilities.
The Aviation Operations During COVID-19 Business Restart and Recovery: Testing Facilities and Vaccine Distribution course includes the following topics:
- COVID-19 Testing Facilities – Background
- Types of Tests
- Testing Implementation Models
- Testing Location Considerations
- Testing Process Overview
- Performance Measurement and Continuous Improvement Plan
- Managing Test Results and Certificates
- Operational Challenges of Implementing Testing Requirements
- Airports Who Have Implemented Testing Facilities
- Vaccine Distribution – The Role of Airports
This course includes an integrated online assessment.
Candidates must successfully complete the assessment to receive a Certificate of Completion.