Duration : 12 Hours
Language : English
Level : Certificate
Total : $695.00
The Certificate in Airport Rescue and Firefighting Services provides recommendations that can be implemented to:
- Ensure compliance with international and national legislation and regulations.
- Promote more efficient management of an airport rescue and firefighting service (RFFS).
- Improve airport RFFS performance.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Understand how to establish a RFFS at an airport.
- Better ensure their airport RFFS complies with best practices and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Understand key considerations for the efficient management of an airport RFFS.
- Identify ways to improve the performance of their airport RFFS.
Who Should Enrol?
- Airport RFFS Managers and team members.
- Airport RFFS personnel wishing to enhance their career opportunities and advance to leadership and management positions.
- Aerodrome Operator management and staff wishing to better understand best practices for efficient management of an airport RFFS.
- Representatives from local emergency agencies – i.e., local Fire Department Officials.
The ACI Certificate in Airport Rescue and Firefighting Services consists of the following six modules:
Introduction to Airport Rescue and Firefighting Services
- (RFFS)Airport RFFS regulatory requirements.
- Achieving compliance and improving airport RFFS performance.
Airport RFFS Personnel
- The importance of personnel efficiency for airport RFFS performance.
- Techniques for defining minimum required staffing levels and optimal organisational structures.
- Best practices for medical and fitness assessments.
Airport RFFS Equipment
- Identifying airport RFFS equipment requirements.
- Ensuring the effectiveness and reliability of airport RFFS equipment, including:
- Rescue equipment
- Extinguishing agents
Airport RFFS Facilities / Communications and Alerting Systems
Guidelines and best practices for:
- Fire station location and design.
- Storage of airport RRFS items and equipment.
- Airport RFFS communications and alerting systems.
- Airport RFFS facility maintenance.
Airport RFFS Emergency Response and Training
- Ensuring a safe and effective airport RFFS response in emergency situations.
- Recommendations for standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Key considerations for airport RFFS emergency simulation exercises.
- Best practices for airport RFFS training programs.
Airport RFFS Administration
Recommendations for effective management of an RFFS department, including:
- Quality assurance
- Personnel management
- Risk assessments and critical plans/programs
Each module includes an integrated online assessment.
Candidates must successfully complete all module assessments to receive the Certificate.