Welcome to the Aviation Operations During COVID-19 Business Restart and Recovery Waste Management course.
While no current scientific evidence proves that waste is a vector of COVID-19 transmission, efficiently managing waste may minimize the spread of COVID-19 across the lifecycle, stakeholders and touchpoints of waste management.
This course will examine the measures airport operators can take to effectively manage waste to minimize the spread of COVID-19.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the steps for a risk-based approach to managing contaminated waste.
- Outline the World Health Organisation’s (WHO) recommendations for the handling and disposing of international waste.
- Explain the recommended steps for handling contaminated terminal waste.
- Explain the recommended steps for handling recyclable material.
- Describe the recommended approach to disposing of single-use items.
- Describe the recommended approach to disposing of landfill waste.
- Outline the effect the pandemic may have had on waste services and reduction targets.
- Describe the recommended engagement and communications approach to the handling of waste in a post-COVID-19 environment.
Who Should Enrol?
- All airport personnel and service providers involved in cleaning and waste services across the airport.
- Airport personnel responsible for planning the re-start and recovery of operations during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Airport Managers, Supervisors or Personnel with operations responsibilities.
The Aviation Operations During COVID-19 Business Restart and Recovery Waste Management course includes the following topics:
- Risk-based Approach
- Deplaned Domestic/International Waste Management
- Building Waste Management (terminal, airline, tenant & cargo)
- Recyclable Material
- Single-use items
- Landfill waste
- Waste Services and Reduction Targets
- Engagement and Communications
This course includes an integrated online assessment.
Candidates must successfully complete the assessment to receive a Certificate of Completion.