The Hygiene Awareness for Passenger Transport Drivers is designed for chauffeurs and drivers of passenger transport vehicles and operational staff in the personalised transport industry.
With COVID-19 causing a global pandemic, drivers need to take extra precautions with hygiene.
This course explores key hygiene practices, driver protocols, and communication techniques, to help protect drivers and passengers, and ensure passengers are reassured and confident to use personalised transport now and into the future.
On completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Describe how to reduce the risk of contracting COVID-19 while transporting clients.
- Identify the key passenger and driver touch points to sanitise within their vehicle.
- Understand how to effectively sanitise their vehicle, including products to use and the method to follow.
- Describe how to build confidence with clients while maintaining social distance where possible.
- Recognise the steps they can take in their role to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Who Should Enrol?
- Chauffeurs and drivers of passenger transport vehicles.
- Operational staff in the personalised transport industry.
The Hygiene Awareness for Passenger Transport Drivers course covers the following topics:
COVID-19: What You Need To Know
- What COVID-19 is, common symptoms, and how the virus spreads.
- Situations where drivers may be at risk and how to best protect themselves.
- What to do if drivers experience COVD-19 symptoms or have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
Sanitising Your Vehicle
- Recommendations for vehicle sanitisation, including recommended frequency, which parts of the vehicle to sanitise, cleaning protocols to follow, and products to use.
During the Journey
- Ways to effectively communicate with and reassure passengers, including the use of signage and messages.
- Advice on practicing social distancing.
- Key considerations for contactless deliveries.
Hand Washing & PPE
- Tips for putting on, wearing, removing, and disposing of protective equipment, such as face masks and gloves.
- Hand washing protocols, including how and when to properly wash your hands.
- Additional personal hygiene practices drivers can implement to help stop the spread of COVID-19.
This course includes an integrated online assessment.
Candidates must successfully complete the assessment to receive a Certificate of Completion.